ART CONTEST

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by serama hen, Sep 28, 2012.

1. serama hen

serama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    i am a ok artist there is going to be a competition soon for diffrent school best artwork wins i wanna know what to draw like something deep and meanigful or beutiful and elegant anything that any one would be mid blowned by the prize is 5000 and this is my chance to show my stuff can everyone give me tips on what to draw i will also draw animals chickens ducks cow lions tiger anything that is beutiful maybe in a mind bending way or something simply magnifecent i can do paintings drwaing and so on art related must be mind blowing and amazing and skillful but nothing to over the top thanks [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Well, I think you oughta draw what you think is best for the art contest. Like, I dunno. I draw dogs best, so that is what I would do. But that's just me...
    Draw what you can do best. I have never taken an art competion before, but I would love to try my luck someday. Good luck. I'll be rooting for you.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Don't over think it. I have a drawing of a boot from high school that spent a time on the wall of the hunter art museum http://www.huntermuseum.org/

The trick to art is to try everything an when you know what you are good at, show that. Keep things simple. If you are trying to impress you will fail. Stick to the subject an the basics around it an dont take away from the subject by cluttering it with background an foreground.

Less done well is far better than more done perfect.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    kmm good idea but i can draw anything as long as its cartoonish like anime andstuff it can be life like and i can drw it but for some reason i just can drw live people and this is a competition for 5000 dolars i rly wanna giv it my all

5. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    i draw but dont know what to draw

6. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Well, do what you know you CAN do. I am sure you'll do great!

7. serama hen

Sep 9, 2012
    Nothern New Jersey
    i read that judges lov the black and white drawings with colored eyes

8. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    That would be an eye catcher i have done this and added a colored background.
    [​IMG]

9. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I make my living as an illustrator and have always felt like the pieces that have turn out the best are the ones that where I personally cared about the subject matter the most. Sure, maybe you CAN draw anything. but what do you WANT to draw. What do you see that you feel inspired by or emotional about? If you care about it you will be more inclined to spend extra time and thought.

RebelCowboy is right, great does not always mean complex. Simple can also be beautiful.

Good luck!

10. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Yep, read carefully if the contest specifies anything particular that the judges will be looking for. Also try to look into how judging will be done. Some contests I simply will not bother with (unless it is something I want to paint anyway), because I know from experience that some contests, particularly ones using social media, will not actually be about the art.

Can you animate at all? Sometimes trying something different will both impress the judges and help you grow as an artist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by