Art trading cards/ACEOs

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Mary Of Exeter, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. painterman

painterman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    london
    Hi there .
    i just saw ur cards there really nice, [​IMG] ur a very talented girl. will you be painting all 52 [​IMG] but seriousley have you tried pages of old books with added drawings on and painted crows with buttons n threads. there on a craft forum i visit when im not chillin with my paints [​IMG] . they mite give you a few ideas . so i will pm you the link over the next few days if i remember [​IMG]

3. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Thank you! [​IMG]
    I will probably eventually end up using all 51 (one of the Jacks was torn and taped up, so I think I'll just throw him away, haha). After all, they're already cut to size and durable. Otherwise I'll probably cut some cards out of Bristol and watercolor paper since I can't find all my cardstock (how someone loses a giant box of scrapbooking materials, I will never know [​IMG] ). I'm not the best at painting; I'm a lot better at drawing. But this is good practice [​IMG] It would probably also help if I had better brushes, but I make do with what I have.

Those ideas sound very interesting! Can't wait to see the website for some pictures [​IMG]

4. Mary Of Exeter

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I've added a good bit more cards to my gallery up there....including these two [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by