Arthritis at 21?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by SarahFair, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My knuckles and fingers have been stinging SO bad for the past few months. Sometimes itll last a day sometimes a few. Ive popped my knuckles since I was little so they are a little bigger than I think they should be.
    The pain is starting to get worse and worse. The other day I was shoveling and grasping the shovel stang so bad I couldnt even grab it.

Is it possilble I have Arthritis? Could it be some deficiency? i.e. lack of calcium? I get really sick when I drink milk so I dont drink it like I should...

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I would add some Glucosamine that you can buy at any pharmacy or health food store and take an alieve. That stuff works. I calcium supplement? Maybe, but I'd ask your doctor about that one first.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Could be arthritis, I've had it since I was about 24 - hereditary, my mom's side
    A few things worked for me, actually - one is to soak Sunmaid golden raisins in gin and eat about 6 every morning - I swear, it does work - but you need to use the GOLDEN raisins
    The other is to take Glucosamine/MSM every day, and after about 45 days, you will notice a difference.
    Truthfully, the raisins worked best for me, except they used to upset my stomach so I switched back to the supplement

Good luck

4. blue fire

blue fire Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    My friend is 18 and she has arthritis in her hands.....

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Could be arthritis. I would talk to your doctor about it.

6. ijon1

ijon1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    gaines, michigan
    My daughter had it when she was fourteen.

7. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    wow.
    I dont think anyone in my family has it that I can recall..

I dont have insurance so there is no going to a Dr. In fact Im dealing with almost $1000 bill from the ER for my son. They are demading it NOW and we only went last month [​IMG]

It just stings so bad. Even when Im not using my fingers [​IMG]

8. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    I had Arthritis since I was 16 (I'm now 38).
    First I would like to say see a doctor and make sure it isn't something other that arthritis.
    Me and my wife like to use Natural Remedies when ever possible.
    Here are some things I found to help. ( found them on the web sometime back )
    Like I said before I would recommend you to see a doctor first..

Try Eating more Jell-O. The Gelatin in the Jell-O can help coat the joints.

Combine 1/2 teaspoon of Eucalyptus oil , available at health food stores, with 1 tablespoon of pure olive oil, and massage the mixture onto your painful areas.

You may want to alternate the massage mixture (above) with this one-grate fresh ginger, then squeeze the juice through a piece of cheesecloth. Mix the ginger juice with an equal amount of sesame oil. Massage it on the painful areas. Ginger can be quite strong. If the burning sensation makes you uncomfortable, then tone down the ginger by adding more sesame oil to the mixture.

Aloe vera gel is now being used for many ailments, including arthritis. You can apply the gel externally to the aching joint and you can take it internally-1 tablespoon in the morning before breakfast and 1 tablespoon before dinner.

Vegetable juices are wonderful for everyone. They can be particularly helpful for arthritis sufferers. Use fresh carrot juice as a sweetener with either celery juice or kale juice. (Invest in a juicer or connect with a nearby juice bar.)

Here are some more on this site..
    http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/homeremedies_arthritis.htm

Like said before see your doctor.

Chris

9. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Quote:Thanks!

10. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I have it in my hands, verified by x-rays. It hurts, but I wouldn't describe it as "stinging". Sounds like you need a professional diagnosis before starting any treatments.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by