Article in today's Flint Journal 9/29/11 Chickens in the city-Fenton

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by MalissaB, Sep 29, 2011.

1. MalissaB

MalissaB New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/09/chickens_in_the_city_fenton_re.html

Hello,

I
    am not sure if this link from today's Flint Journal posted correctly. I live in the city of Fenton and have backyard chickens. I am currently working to change the city ordinance to allow chickens. Please help by calling the Mayor of Fenton and voice your support for me.

The phone number at the city of Fenton:
    Contact Sue Osborn City Mayor at 810.629.2261
    or email the city manager:
    City Manager, Lynn Markland: [email protected]

Thank you for your support.

Malissa

2. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:What do you want me to say? Something like this: "Mr. Mayor, I don't live in your town, heck I don't even live in your state, but I really think you should allow chickens in your town."

I bet that will carry a lot of weight with him.

It is best to get support WITHIN your community, from people that it will effect and that have a voice in YOUR community.

Jim

3. MalissaB

MalissaB New Egg

Aug 20, 2011
    Hi Jim,

I am new to this site and I thought I was posting to the Michigan page. We have a lot of local people that I know post on here. Obviously these are the people I am asking to call. [​IMG]

Malissa

4. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I have a friend over on michigan-sportsman.com that lives in Fenton and has chickens already. I'll make sure he gets the link to this post so he can decide if he wants to speak up. Since he may be an outlaw he may not want to draw attention to himself. He may also be outside the city limits too.

5. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Hi MalissaB,

Have you talked to someone at TSC in Fenton? They might be willing to let you hand out flyers or put one up. You might be able to reach more local people that way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by