Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
My Coop
O BOY.
Is there a way to turn off the notification one receives when their article is rated?

I just gave out a "one star" rating on an article that was just one picture and might have totally upset a newbie, which was not my intention, but the article, being just a picture is not a 5 star article IMO.

Last edited:
I didn't mean as a member..
I was thinking as a site..would it be better to not notify the members?
I don't have a problem with low ratings if I personally think they are not "good" articles, I just worry that too many people are going to be getting their "feelings hurt". :th

I don't think there is an option to turn off sitewide article rating alerts.

I didn't mean as a member..
I was thinking as a site..would it be better to not notify the members?
I don't have a problem with low ratings if I personally think they are not "good" articles, I just worry that too many people are going to be getting their "feelings hurt". :th
I'm with you. I think that unless people receive 4 and 5 star ratings their feelings will be hurt, so I just give out 5 star ratings, or I don't rate. :oops:

Last edited:
I think if a person is familiar enough to put an article up...then they must be accepting that being rated is part of that package. Whatever the rating is. If they receive a lesser rating..they can edit and strive to improve their article.

You were professional in your response on your profile, Kiki. Your response was constructive.

I've been here almost 2 years and I am "finally" confident at this point that I have enough knowledge to write an acceptable article with good quality pictures.

There is a learning curve to this site. Sometimes we have to be critical with ourselves and know where we are on this curve.

In my opinion, making an article is a HUGE responsibility. It signifies that you know the topic you're writing about well enough to teach others about what you know. It has to be accurate and well illustrated. Making an article should not be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom