ARTIFICIAL INSEMENATION

Discussion in 'Quail' started by comptoncritters, Mar 7, 2013.

1. comptoncritters

comptoncritters Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF AND OR HOW YOU CAN TAKE SEMEN FROM A MALE VULTURINE GUINEA AND INSEMINATE A DOMESTICATED GUINEA HEN

2. James the Bald

James the Bald Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2013
    Only because I was trying to help, I did a google search on artificial insemination of guinea hens, and there was quite a bit of discussion of the topic to prolong the egg laying season, but no "how to" web pages. I also noted a few "pop-ups" for "fertility treatment" ads in google, so I may have to call you as a witness in the event my wife discovers this google search and kicks me to the curb.

Also, I think if you posted this in the Guinea Fowl section, you may get a better response than here in the Quail section. If you posted this here in error, you can contact a moderator to see if they can move it for you.

Good luck on your endeavor; the Guinea that they showed looked like a very nice bird.
    James

3. dudenga

dudenga New Egg

May 14, 2013
    I've seen it in commerical turkey operations. I'm not saying it's not posable but in the videos on youtube it sure looks stressfull on them and I wouldn't want to stress out something so rare and not so domesticated instincts. That's only a opinion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by