Artist Trading Cards for trade

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Mary Of Exeter, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I believe I've asked this before, but does anyone else here make ATCs? I have quite a few made now but have yet to trade with anyone. I really want to get started trading them so I can get more inspiration and truly enjoy them. Seeing them on the internet is much different from having them in your hands. Here's some of the ones I have available. I have some more to upload when I get home.

http://maryofexeter.deviantart.com/gallery/?25847335#Art-Cards-ACEO-ATC

Edit: Just noticed I put for sale in the subject, rather than for trade. Oops!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    I have never seen or heard of these before. Yours are very beautiful!

3. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Thank you! They are very addicting. I just started this summer and I am hooked! It's a lot easier than taking forever on larger projects, and it's a good way to try out new techniques.

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Those are very nice!

A lot of different arts and crafts can be used to make artist trading cards. They can be stamped, embossed, collaged, painted, drawn, stitched, quilted or any combination of materials and techniques. You can add beads, charms, buttons, yarn, feathers or anything you want. You can sign and date the back. ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5" in size.

I've seen some really fun swaps on forums that have a mix of many craft types. I think it's really fun to swap with people that do something very different than you do. I made some post card sized mini quilts back in the early to mid-90s. They were fun to swap with other quilters. That was before the smaller size trading cards became more popular in recent years. I think they're a lot of fun.

5. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Mary - I do these as well and used to trade them like crazy! You can find a lot of folks who do them on www.craftster.org I have a box full of them that have been traded for mine and am considering mounting a few behind glass for some wall art. Here are a few of my past and traded ATC's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Very cool! I was thinking I would even like to see some that were crocheted or knitted, but I didn't want to say so, because I thought that would sound too odd. Now I see that I didn't need to worry! [​IMG]

Craftster is a fun site.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Very nice cards! I really like the idea. Perhaps I'll have to make a few and trade with you Mary!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by