Artist Trading Cards for trade

Mary Of Exeter

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
Rowan County, NC
I believe I've asked this before, but does anyone else here make ATCs? I have quite a few made now but have yet to trade with anyone. I really want to get started trading them so I can get more inspiration and truly enjoy them. Seeing them on the internet is much different from having them in your hands. Here's some of the ones I have available. I have some more to upload when I get home.

http://maryofexeter.deviantart.com/gallery/?25847335#Art-Cards-ACEO-ATC

Edit: Just noticed I put for sale in the subject, rather than for trade. Oops!

Last edited:
Thank you! They are very addicting. I just started this summer and I am hooked! It's a lot easier than taking forever on larger projects, and it's a good way to try out new techniques.

Those are very nice!

A lot of different arts and crafts can be used to make artist trading cards. They can be stamped, embossed, collaged, painted, drawn, stitched, quilted or any combination of materials and techniques. You can add beads, charms, buttons, yarn, feathers or anything you want. You can sign and date the back. ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5" in size.

I've seen some really fun swaps on forums that have a mix of many craft types. I think it's really fun to swap with people that do something very different than you do. I made some post card sized mini quilts back in the early to mid-90s. They were fun to swap with other quilters. That was before the smaller size trading cards became more popular in recent years. I think they're a lot of fun.

Mary - I do these as well and used to trade them like crazy! You can find a lot of folks who do them on www.craftster.org I have a box full of them that have been traded for mine and am considering mounting a few behind glass for some wall art. Here are a few of my past and traded ATC's.

EveningGownandLaticia.jpg

MadamButterflyCRSeries3.jpg

GreenIvy.jpg

Desdemona.jpg

PMSforRobbie.jpg

Very cool! I was thinking I would even like to see some that were crocheted or knitted, but I didn't want to say so, because I thought that would sound too odd. Now I see that I didn't need to worry!
big_smile.png

Craftster is a fun site.

Back
Top Bottom