Arucana, Americana?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kwynn's birds Alaska, Sep 8, 2008.

1. kwynn's birds Alaska

kwynn's birds Alaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    [​IMG]

Americana, Arucana...she lays blue green eggs, and almost has tufts...the one behind her also lays green eggs, but they're more olive. An EE?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    They're both definitely EE. I have some just like yours, they are fun chickens with even more fun colored eggs!

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    ...and I'm hoping to get some of her eggs for hatching... [​IMG]

4. Alexis

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Well if they hatch, they will be some of the cutest chicks ever! I just had 2 EE babies hatch last week and I can hardly take my eyes off of them. [​IMG] I put in six eggs - so I'm grateful for the two that hatched. Now, I just have to wait and see if I got girls or boys!

5. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meet Ox, the big black chick(in case you couldn't tell [​IMG] )... is the one up front's (Pretty Girl's chick...)

[​IMG]
    Sarg. Bald A** He's the dad. And yes he's supposed to have a tail [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  6. Alexis

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Well I can see why you call him OX :eek:

Is he the same age as the others??

7. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Quote:He is actually 2 days younger than a couple of the other chicks. He's so big looking because the rest are banties (meet their parents on "what is Colonel Sanders?" thread) and some of the quail i have. But yeah, I call it OX, well, you can see why [​IMG] I was kind of hoping it was a girl, and she would give me green eggs soon.

8. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    I call the white one behind her Granny. She's shy, slow, and loves to just sit there. Her eggs werent fertile. I had I think 2 in the bator that never took, even though Sarge, has had his way on multiple occaisions. POOR GRANNY! I call the other one pretty girl, she is the better looking of all them. Poor Sarge, he had a tail one time, I hope. He didn't have one when I got him in July, and he still don't have one. The girls, who are all bigger than he is, take his food, and bite him on the butt all the time. He also doesn't have too many neck feathers...but they are longer, and cover up his skinny neck.

Got any guesses on what he is?

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Wasn't he the silver spangled hamburg?

10. kwynn's birds Alaska

Aug 6, 2008
    Kenai, Alaska
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Wasn't he the silver spangled hamburg?

That's what I thought, I just wanted to get other opinions too, even though the pic I found looked just like him, comb and all (except his silly tail)​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by