Arucana sold by egg color

FeatheredObsessions

Songster
9 Years
May 24, 2010
Oregon
I have been looking at some of the Arucana and wonder? Can you find the sellers by egg color. I have seen the great color chart but when I see them for sale I do not see mention of the color grade for the eggs? Can you breed for the egg color? If a chick hatches from the bluest of eggs will it lay the bluest of eggs? ho w can you find a seller who's eggs measure high on the charts wether rumpless or not???

Yes, you can breed for egg color. Olive eggers, in particular, are crosses of blue eggers and dark-brown egg layers. I don't know how many breeders will specify egg color when advertising their chicks. Also, eggs tend to get lighter as the hen lays more eggs in a season, so you can't always go by the color of the egg at that particular time. Most experienced and dedicated hobbyists will be able to predict the general egg color of any in their flock.

I rarely see egg color listed in posts. The egg charts have a1 b4 and what not. Just wondered if there was an "underground" place you could buy eggs from that sells like that.

Back
Top Bottom