as anybody candled at day 20?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by destinydot6, Mar 30, 2011.

1. destinydot6

destinydot6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    I was worried cause my temp dropped when i checked this morning and i dont know how long it was like that, so i opened up my still air and felt the eggs and a couple was cold, id say it felt like about 98f so i gently picked egg up the same way it was laying and put the light to the airsac end and it looked like a head was in the airsac so i put it down and checked another one gently and its moving so their okay i guess but the one that looked like it was going in airsac is it going to hatch? is it normal? it was moving but uggg i googled and couldnt find anything about it:idunno

2. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    I think you should be fine especially if the temp drop wasn't too drastic and for too long.

I hatched some last month, had a temp drop to 88 overnight. All my eggs ended up hatching.

When are the eggs due to hatch?

Good luck and keep us posted [​IMG]

3. destinydot6

destinydot6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Quote:well today is day 20 and when i candled it i seen a beak in the airsac where when i candled before i put in lockdown there was just the airsac

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by