As Elmer once said, “I’m very suspicious …”

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by homeinspectorman, Feb 12, 2011.

1. homeinspectorman

homeinspectorman Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2010
    SE Oklahoma, Durant
    I have seen many post about chickens biting people. I suspected a quick peck maybe, but biting? Well, I think I have discovered the reason for my slow internet speed of late. I think my three RIR’s have hacked in to this site and discovered another way to antagonize me. They were always the most aggressive even as day old chicks. About once every month one of them will challenge me. If I am paying attention to one of the other girls all three will start muttering something under their breath and begin to circle around me. Well, late yesterday one of them came strutting up while I was petting one of the Black Australorps and BIT me right on the web between thumb and pointer finger. Brought blood! We had to do the ‘ol walk around the yard with the miscreant held upside down until I quit bleeding. She wasn’t too happy about it, didn’t even squawk while she was in such an undignified position. Think I will be replacing them as soon as the weather calms down.

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I think you need to invite them to "dinner" [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by