1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

as if my dog has just done that!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Johnn, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    my dog has just came into the kitchen stood infront of me and my sister and had a wee for about 30 second then stopped and walked of like nothing has happened! not impressed!

2. ArkaFarmaMama

ArkaFarmaMama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2011
    Ha Ha!!! When was the last time you let her out?

3. Johnn

Sep 5, 2011
    its actually a boy and just a hour before it happened i took him to a feild to throw his ball i wasnt very happy with him!

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    That. Is. Hilarious. [​IMG]
    Though, you have a reason to be mad. Dogs- You can't live with them and you can't live without them! [​IMG]

5. Johnn

Sep 5, 2011
    haha i was shouting stop at him when he was doing it he just looked up and put his head back down

6. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    have you had checked to make sure that he doesn't have a UTI (urinary tract infection)? How old is he? Is he fully house-broken?

7. Johnn

Sep 5, 2011
    hes 1 year old and when we were in the feild he didnt have a wee

8. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Who wants to take time out from playing to go potty? Think of it as reminding a toddler to use the restroom before leaving the gas station on a long road trip. Unless you do, they are going to decide they have to pee 10 minutes after you get on the freeway.

9. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Quote:Then you need to housebreak him/ learn to recognize when he needs to go out.

He can't talk- expecting him to 'know' to potty first thing outside is incorrect. Conciser how many times you -go- a day... count one day... you'll be surprised.

Yelling at a dog is incorrect, rubbing their noes in it is incorrect... Correct is taking the dog outside for then to finish (if you can lift the dog 'belly up' the often stop urinating) and praise them for going outside. (much easier with puppies)

The guide dogs are trained with the words "Go busy" --

You need to take him out often, very often, and NOT play if you are on a "busy break"

On leash (even if your yard if fenced). "Go busy" if he does praise him and love on him, then take him in, then back out to play w/o leash if yard is fenced, if not use a different door a 'play' door and a 'busy' door.

On leash (even if your yard if fenced). "Go busy" if he does not take him back in an wait an hour, do not take him out to play until he 'goes busy' (urine or feces).

he must learn that "Go busy" means that that is his chance to potty, not play, and "It's playtime" means he's going out to have fun.

(My pet dog only -goes- at home on "busy breaks" so I only need doggy bags on walks if she has an emergency)

----

If you want you can even train him to only go in one area so its easier to clean up.

10. Johnn

Sep 5, 2011
    i never new that i was going to take him out side but he wouldnt stop lol and i just leave him out he dosent go far

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by