As promised, some pics of Miss Bossy Beak and the gang.

Uzuri

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
Since folks wanted to see Miss Bossy Beak -- turns out she has no patience for the paparazzi, so the best pics are of some of the others, but anyway...

Rooster, trying to decide if he's going to run or not. He thinks slowly:

25978_roo01.jpg

The non-laying 'dotte (I like this shot):

25978_wyandotte01.jpg

So I opened the little door to see if MBB would hope up and do her puffing up and strutting, and she did--right up until I put up the camera. Then she decided the golf balls looked interesting, so I got a nice shot of her derriere:

25978_bossy01.jpg

Then she went for lunch (she's in the background, once again showing her best side):

25978_javaanbossy01.jpg

And I gave up and went after someone who would pose for me:

25978_roo02.jpg

It's a shame Rooster has bent toes and lost two comb points to frostbite. He's a handsome son of a gun otherwise.

Edit: as a reference to anyone who's waiting for their hens to lay, these guys are all going on 23 weeks old. The Wyandottes I've pointed out, and the lighter of the two is the only one laying. The other black and white birds are mottled Javas and the brown hens, and Rooster, are Welsummers. All are hatchery stock, though I'm quite pleased with the darker Wyandotte's lacing, the Welsummers are just beautiful, and the Javas were so fun to watch change from white chicks to black and white chickens.

Last edited:
Glad to see that I'm not alone in having a whole card full of chicken butts!
wink.png

Though normally my Roo shows me his hiney, too, because he's scared of me (and that's how I want it to stay), but he must have been confused enough by the little clicky box to stick around and strut.

Last edited:
We have one welsummer and she lays the biggest, prettiest, speckled eggs. Sometimes they are just freckled lightly but most of the time they have large dark spots all over them.

Back
Top Bottom