As promised, some pics of Miss Bossy Beak and the gang.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Uzuri, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Since folks wanted to see Miss Bossy Beak -- turns out she has no patience for the paparazzi, so the best pics are of some of the others, but anyway...

Rooster, trying to decide if he's going to run or not. He thinks slowly:

[​IMG]

The non-laying 'dotte (I like this shot):

[​IMG]

So I opened the little door to see if MBB would hope up and do her puffing up and strutting, and she did--right up until I put up the camera. Then she decided the golf balls looked interesting, so I got a nice shot of her derriere:

[​IMG]

Then she went for lunch (she's in the background, once again showing her best side):

[​IMG]

And I gave up and went after someone who would pose for me:

[​IMG]

It's a shame Rooster has bent toes and lost two comb points to frostbite. He's a handsome son of a gun otherwise.

Edit: as a reference to anyone who's waiting for their hens to lay, these guys are all going on 23 weeks old. The Wyandottes I've pointed out, and the lighter of the two is the only one laying. The other black and white birds are mottled Javas and the brown hens, and Rooster, are Welsummers. All are hatchery stock, though I'm quite pleased with the darker Wyandotte's lacing, the Welsummers are just beautiful, and the Javas were so fun to watch change from white chicks to black and white chickens.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    Very pretty!! I love pics!! They make threads so much better!!

3. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Beautiful pics of beautiful birds. I can get pictures of my roo a lot easier than my hens, too...he poses while they show me their hind ends!

4. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Glad to see that I'm not alone in having a whole card full of chicken butts! [​IMG]

Though normally my Roo shows me his hiney, too, because he's scared of me (and that's how I want it to stay), but he must have been confused enough by the little clicky box to stick around and strut.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

You know...I want a camera that snaps when I push the button. I get a lot of fuzzy butt pics too. By the way....beautiful chix... and roo boy too.

6. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    It must be genetic. These two hatched yesterday!

[​IMG]

Love your birds. They are gorgeous!

Mary

7. RooptyDoo

RooptyDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Illinois
    We have one welsummer and she lays the biggest, prettiest, speckled eggs. Sometimes they are just freckled lightly but most of the time they have large dark spots all over them.

8. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by