as seen on tv Eggies

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by pinkwindsong, Oct 27, 2011.

1. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Hi everyone.. has anyone else bought the Eggies .. I got mine at rite aid. love them but ... they make a odd shape for making deviled eggs. wondering if anyone has tried to make egg salad from them and the best way to do it..
    Pink

2. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    If you go to their website they show deviled eggs and they look normal...

3. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    i must say i really do like how easy it is. as if boiling an egg was hard before.. ahhah.. but I always hated trying to get all the shell off without tearing into the white then they were all ugly.. haha..

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

There's a whole long thread on here about them.. I will try to find it..

To me it looks awesome, but the whole idea of cooking things in plastic or silcone... [​IMG]

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I need a quail eggies for making pickled eggs- that would make it soo easy

6. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    I actually went to a yard sale this weekend
    and someone had them. She didn't like them.
    Said it was easier to put them a pot of water.
    Hard to wash and store. [​IMG]

7. love mine, now I can keep boiled eggs in the fridge all the time.DH loves them, when he tries to peel boiled eggs, he loses most of the eggs, but with the eggies all he does is pop the out and eat them, I love egg salad so now I have a fresh supply all the time.

8. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    when you boil them and pop them out they are flat on the top so like a half of egg. But for salads and such I think they would be great.

9. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    my mom and I did an experiment an we hard boiled eggs until almost done an then we made a few cracks in the shell and finished boiling them, it made it 100x easier to peel! I noticed the difference in peeling between eggs that naturally cracked and eggs that didnt crack at all before the experiment.

10. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    Quote:X 2 ! You and I are of the same mindset! I dislike using any sort of plastic and will try to stay away as much as I can. If I could buy milk in glass jars, I'd pay an extra $5 a gallon! It's surprising how many things have plastic or plastic parts. Now if the plastic gets hot - even worse! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by