aseel or asil

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by beagleman77, Jan 4, 2015.

1. beagleman77

beagleman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2015
    I am wanting to get some but fisrt I need to research about them they are so pretty to me

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    I've got to say I've never really seen many people who want this breed. I have actually yet to see one in the show ring so far. The aseel is known for it's box bodied shape it makes and it's narrow tail.

Do you have any other chickens? As cool as these guys are they might not be the most forgiving breeds to other more docile kinds. Chicks (especially cockerels) will fight with each other near after birth and sometimes the hens will go at it with each other. This is probably because they were originally bred to cockfight. There are actually multiple breeds based off the original. Kinda like the Shamo and Ko Shamo.

Aseel chickens are docile towards people and the hens are not known for their egg production abilities (40 eggs average) but are great broody hens.

Have you tried the review section yet? Someone may have reviewed the breed.

3. beagleman77

Jan 1, 2015
    I have 2 black giants one too and one hen the rest are hens 3 ee 1 buff Orpington 1 barred rock but I would put the aseel in a anouther pen

4. beagleman77

Jan 1, 2015
    My bad one rooster

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by