Asian Black Pullets or cockerel? - ~6 Weeks

MrLeeHo

Songster
May 28, 2020
NC
Hi All,
Bought these 2 "Asian Black Pullets" from TSC about 6 weeks ago. One has a larger comb than the other and has been that way since about week 2. I can't see any clear difference in their feathering but am not familiar with this type of chick. I purchased these under the thought they were black sex links but after doing some research realized that was not the case, however they were in the pullet bin. The larger comb doesn't seem to be getting very much color which is still giving me hope...any thoughts? Also, does everyone agree on the breed? One pic of both and all of the others are of the one in question as i feel pretty confident the other is a girl.
Black Above 2.jpg
Black Above 3.jpg
Black above.jpg
Face.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I have some. Yours look like pullets.

Edit: I got mine (5) in March. Most of them developed faster than my (3) wyandonettes, (2) Sussexes, and (2) ISA Browns I got at the same time. At 18 weeks all 5 have red combs and wattles. They are more assertive (bossy) than the other breeds. And loud. They will let you know their opinion. Three are the top three birds in the flock. Bird 2 is rather mean... she's always starting something with those lower than her. She's about to get a week or two timeout in birdy jail.

Here's a picture
IMG_20200630_172750.jpg

IMG_20200708_195421.jpg

Last edited:
Those are pretty girls...the close up pic is amazing, i can never get that from mine, they are too busy.
They have a large run (25x20). In the evenings I sit in the run and give them treats. After treats, some will come up and sit on the armrest and chatter soft whistles and murmurs. I like to think that they are telling me about their day.

Back
Top Bottom