Asian Gamefowl

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Rennie, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Rennie

Rennie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Ive been asked to post on here to see if anyone has any recommendations on "WHAT TO FEED" Asian Gamefowl ..

Simple as that really lol.. I was trying to make the post longer but couldnt think of more to add ...

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    What kind of gamefowl? I know the red and green jungle fowl require special diets, but not sure about other breeds.

3. Rennie

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Im not really sure ..but I can find out (Ill go and ask now) .. Just assuming they are the jungle fowl what would make the special diet ?

Am i right in assuming that not many keep Asian Game in the states ?

4. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Rennie, I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the red and green jungle fowl diet consists of(I want to say it is a high protein diet), but you can look it up(I did, that's why I don't have any). You have to feed special things that I didn't even know how to get my hands on.
    I raise Black Sumatras and I feed them Game Bird feed(I also mix in some nutrient boosters because these are HOPEFULLY going to be my show birds).
    I really don't know about the laws in other states regarding keeping game fowl, but we can keep any kind down here in Texas. I don't know why you couldn't keep and raise gamefowl-lots of people do.
    Can you get a pic of your bird? Bet that would help ID it.

5. Rennie

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Ive just been to ask (Its my brothers father in law) .

. The birds in question are Azeel .. He is wondering how breeders get them so big and if its something to do with the diet. He has kept them for a few years but has just bred them and now has chicks for the first time,

I have tried searching too and will continue to look, I was just hoping that someone on here might be able to answer my question from experience [​IMG]

Thanks for the help though ..

6. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Try doing a search here on BYC-it is spelled Asil.
    Good luck to you and whatever else you do, DO NOT put another rooster around an Asil-they will generally not tolerate any other roosters around.

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  8. Rennie

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    Thanks.. I have posted there and will look on the other site too [​IMG]

9. Zarkotics

Zarkotics New Egg

Dec 5, 2013
    Oriental Games staple foods are rice and fish. I feed brown rice, and tilapia.

10. nelmsy

nelmsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    England
    [​IMG]what breed is this guy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by