Asian style scrambled eggs with Chicken

Ken H

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
I do all the cooking because my wife is handicapped and can't stand at the counters or stove. I like stir-fry because it's quick and tastey. We eat a whole lot of Asian food as a result. I aquired a taste for the orient while a young man in the service in the late 60s and early 70s. Here's a recipe that after prep time takes around 5 minutes to make.

2 tbs fish sauce(I substitute with oyster sauce)
1 tbs water(or chicken broth)
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
2 tbs veg oil
1 tbs chopped garlic
8 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced
1/3 cup coursly chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped green onions
4 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup halved cherry tomatos
3 tbs freashly chopped cilantro(optional)

(1) In a small bowl combine fish sauce(or oyster sauce),water(or broth),salt, and sugar. Stir well and set aside. Trim stem end of peas, removing any strings. Set peas aside.
(2) Heat wok or large skillet. Add veg oil and swirl to coat pan. Add garlic and toss well for about 15 seconds.
(3) Add chicken in a single layer and cook undisturber for about 1 minute(until edges turn white. Toss occasionally and cook for about 1 more minute. Add fish sauce mixture and stir or toss for30 seconds to coat everything well.
(4) Add peas, onion, and green onion and stir or toss for about 2 minutes.
(5) Add eggs, pouring in around the pan's side. Cook undisturbed until the eggs begin to set(about 30 seconds). Toss gently and cook an for an additional 1 more minute tossing occasionally.
(6)Add cherry tomatos and toss again, gently breaking up any large clumps of egg. Warm tomatos through and add cilantro(if using).
Serve hot or warm.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom