ASISIAN BLUE CHICKS? Ever heard of them??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by critters, Feb 23, 2015.

1. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

Tractor Supply near us has/had? Asian Blue chicks in...I never heard of them..
    has anyone else and where might I look for a picture of them as adults?

2. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    Umm...no never heard of them. Are you sure that was the breed name? Can you describe the chicks. Do they have feathers on their legs? What color skin? What color feathers? Are the feathers like a silkies? How many toes? Feed stores are not always known for the best labeling. I can't find this "breed" on google so not likely they are properly labeled.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Could it possibly be Andalusian Blue?

4. critters

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  5. Odelia

Odelia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    Idaho
    I clicked on this link you posted and it didn't work.

6. critters

7. crazyaboutchickens

crazyaboutchickens Live Long And Prosper

Apr 10, 2010
    Nowhere/Everywhere
  8. critters

They are pretty

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I take it that they're a meat bird from the description and what they're lumped with, but the weights don't make sense for any meat bird to me and then, they're called dual purpose.

Quote: That's basically Ameraucana size, unless they mean processing weight.

What they breed to get them, not sure. Some new fangled thing they've come up with like those Tetra Tints.

10. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Asian Blue Chickens

The Asian blue Chicken is a relatively new breed, not certified by the APA. Considered a dual purpose breed, the Asian Blue Chicken breed can be raised for meat or egg production.

The most striking characteristic of the Asian Blue Chicken is its blue/green iridescent hue layed over black and red feather pattern. Asian Blue Chickens are slower growing than most broiler breeds; males will reach 4-4.45 lbs in 12 weeks, while females reach that weight on average in 15 weeks.

Male Asia Blues will reach market weight much sooner and the females will lay a good number large brown eggs annually. These Beautiful birds are relatively new to the market and as such are very rare among chicken owners.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by