Ask for Ebay refund?

mzhof

Songster
Jul 4, 2018
Suburb Twin Cities MN
I bought some Polish Bantam eggs on Ebay to be delivered between August 8th-11th expecting them to be collected and fresh when shipped to me. The day after I pay I get a shipping confirmation that the eggs have shipped so I sent the seller an email telling him I purposely bought eggs to come at a later date because I currently have a hatch going and won't have the incubator ready until the date he listed. All he replied was, "I sent them priority, you'll get them Friday. Thanks."

Should I report this to Ebay and try to get a refund? I know eggs are a no-refund product but because he shipped early, I have to go out and buy another incubator so the eggs don't go bad plus who knows how old these eggs are if he'd had the listing for over a week and shipped a dozen the day the listing ended? Does anyone here sell eggs on ebay and do you already have your eggs when you list or collect them fresh? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I assumed by estimated delivery date that's when they would arrive. It's my first time ordering eggs so I didn't know they would ship earlier than said ad?

upload_2018-7-26_22-16-12.png

i have ordered quite a few eggs from eBay. they almost ALWAYS arrive earlier than ad says. if they ship a lot of eggs they prob just have a supply daily i would think. i doubt you will get your money back. for future i would send a message to seller to inquire if they could ship on a certain date...and establish that before sending money. That being said, some people might just be jerks but mostly i find chicken people to be pretty great! all my purchases have been pretty reasonable hatches. i don't order when super hot or super cold either. like i would not order eggs now from the deep south...etc really sorry that happened! can you borrow an incubator?????

Most people ship as soon as you purchase unless you make prior arrangements with the seller. I agree that the arrival time is confusing. I'm still pretty new to buying eggs, but if I don't want them shipped immediately I contact the seller and they'll make a special listing or give instructions on how they want you to purchase. Always read the details really carefully, they state in there the fertility rate is only 85% right now. If you get 12 you'll automatically be down 2 that weren't fertile to start with. Shipped eggs are pretty risky anway, even when the eggs are all fertile to begin with. It's really hard to say how long they've had the eggs unless you ask the seller. They may tell you? I learned very quickly to read the ads several times and then have someone else read them too just to be safe.

I know this post was a while ago, hope it all turned out OK with your eggs. I just wanted to say I have a small store on ebay (not eggs) and when I'm listing items, there is a place where I declare I'll ship within 1 day, 3 days or whatever from the time the item is paid for, and how it will be shipped: priority, first class or media mail and I *think* ebay uses that info (tied to your zipcode) to automatically say when the latest you could expect your package. Unless it was in the text of the description, I think what you were reading (expected delivery) was an automated ebay thing. If you look at other listings (not eggs) I think you'll see expected delivery dates on those too. Definitely what Kikileigh02 said, if you order anything from ebay and have any concerns or questions, contact the seller before buying. Most are very helpful. I personally would rather have a no sale than an unhappy customer.

I bought some Polish Bantam eggs on Ebay to be delivered between August 8th-11th expecting them to be collected and fresh when shipped to me.
I don't get it. If it's expected to be delivered on Friday.... then that will be the 10th of August. Isn't that what you wanted?

i have ordered quite a few eggs from eBay. they almost ALWAYS arrive earlier than ad says. if they ship a lot of eggs they prob just have a supply daily i would think. i doubt you will get your money back. for future i would send a message to seller to inquire if they could ship on a certain date...and establish that before sending money. That being said, some people might just be jerks but mostly i find chicken people to be pretty great! all my purchases have been pretty reasonable hatches. i don't order when super hot or super cold either. like i would not order eggs now from the deep south...etc really sorry that happened! can you borrow an incubator?????
I bought a used incubator off Facebook. So far 6 of the 16 looks good. I’m glad I didn’t say anything to him the eggs were packed great and I’m really excited for polish chicks! Thanks for the info I’d never thought of the weather condition before buying.

Most people ship as soon as you purchase unless you make prior arrangements with the seller. I agree that the arrival time is confusing. I'm still pretty new to buying eggs, but if I don't want them shipped immediately I contact the seller and they'll make a special listing or give instructions on how they want you to purchase. Always read the details really carefully, they state in there the fertility rate is only 85% right now. If you get 12 you'll automatically be down 2 that weren't fertile to start with. Shipped eggs are pretty risky anway, even when the eggs are all fertile to begin with. It's really hard to say how long they've had the eggs unless you ask the seller. They may tell you? I learned very quickly to read the ads several times and then have someone else read them too just to be safe.
You’re so right I bought a few more times now and realized one ad specifically said she would take about 2 weeks to ship. But still fantastic prices compared to what MPC charged, I paid 35 for 3 eggs. Have anyone gotten their Fun and Funky selection? 2 of those are developing!

Back
Top Bottom