Asking for a friend…

IdahoChickenRancher

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2021
Salmon, Idaho
When my neighbor lost her chickens to predators, I let her pick two from my grab bag of “rare breeds”. Not sure what she has, other than the cockerel appears to have a nice pea comb already. (They‘re 8wks old in the pic which, isn’t great, but hopefully good enough for some idea as to breed.) soooo…. Let the guessing begin!:pop
5BAB7FC8-7FC4-4E2E-98ED-6C0EC7486559.jpeg

When my neighbor lost her chickens to predators, I let her pick two from my grab bag of “rare breeds”. Not sure what she has, other than the cockerel appears to have a nice pea comb already. (They‘re 8wks old in the pic which, isn’t great, but hopefully good enough for some idea as to breed.) soooo…. Let the guessing begin!:pop
View attachment 2809263
Mixed breed, EEs

EE's, or Easter Eggers. Pretty common actually.
They aren't even a true breed. Their a hatchery hybrid, anything mixed with Ameraucana.
Not always actually. They could be an EExEE, an EExanything, and EE Xs cross any other breed. There aren't very many limits as far as breeding goes. But yes, they are not rare to any extent.

Might help narrow it down more if you know which hatchery they came from. Agree they are likely EEs, but may be one of the newer hatchery hybrids (which are also EEs, I know...)😊

Not always actually. They could be an EExEE, an EExanything, and EE Xs cross any other breed. There aren't very many limits as far as breeding goes. But yes, they are not rare to any extent.
They could be VERY rare, as in completely unique, the only ones extant. (Calm down, this is very tongue-in-cheek. That means it's a joke!) I mean, what's more rare than, "this is the only one of its kind ever to exist!?! :lau Okay, maybe that's not that funny. I don't get out much.

Okay, so… they came from M. McMurray Hatcheries. Was supposed to be a “rarest of rare” mix(15chicks). That said, I shouldn’t be surprised by “one-of-a-kind” never before seen, birds. LOL
I’ll admit, I am surprised by the colors, as every EE I’ve gotten thus far, has looked very different from these. Meh, we’ll see what color eggs they lay, I spose. Thanks for the guesses, all! I appreciate ya!:thumbsup

These are the possible breeds according to the website:
Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced Wyandottes, Silver, Golden, Buff Laced, and White Polish, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Partridge, Black, Buff, Blue, & Silver Laced and White Cochins, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, Salmon Faverolles, W. L. Red Cornish, Lakenvelders, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish

Did they thrown in an extra chick with her order?

Back
Top Bottom