1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Asking for my youngest son, how's his Dark Brahma look for 4-H shows?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by DarkUnicorn, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DarkUnicorn

DarkUnicorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Walden, NY
    He's hoping to show this girl in the summer, she's 5 months old.

Hard to get pictures she's camera shy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is from a local breeder, not a hatchery bird.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks pretty to me, but the pics are small.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    She's a bit small for a show bird, but will do alright if someone is judging that doesn't know the standard.

Hate to say it...but she came from hatchery stock. She might be a generation or two away from the hatchery stock, but she looks to come from hatchery lines.

Here's a photo of one of Joachim's gold-pencilled females. Just substitute the coloration of yours (silver) for hers (gold).
    http://www.krassesrudel.at/fotos/brahmas/partridgeconnection/slides/compare542.html

I did find a dark brahma on his page, but she was out of condition from his endless breeding projects! lol

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I dont know much about brahmas but she looks like she has a nice feather pattern. In one of the pics it looks like she has a nice head.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by