1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Asking For Prayer For My Son Please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Patchesnposies, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    Hi Folks,

We just found out that our 13 year old son will be needing another open heart surgery (his 5th) on the 21st of April for a seriously enlarged aorta. Mike nearly died in 2006 when he developed a systemic infection that settled in the gortex patchwork where they had repaired his heart the first time. (He was born in Vietnam with Tetrology of Fallot. We had it repaired when we brought him home at 4.5)

He was life flighted to Christus Santa Rosa hospital in San Antonio where I sat next to his bed for two months as he fought for his life. Compared to what he went through then, this will be easy. (I hope and pray!)

Please pray for Mike. In his mind he is six foot tall and bullet proof.....heck, in his mind he is the Vietnamese version of John Wayne. (His hero) I know he is hiding his fear/dread behind a veneer of false bravado.

Here he is with his little brother, Norm.

[​IMG]

Your prayers are coveted and appreciated so much!

2. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Patches my thoughts are prayers are with you and your son.

3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    I am praying for your son

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    His attitude is great! I'll be thinking of him (& praying) for a successful surgery and a healthy carefree life for him, you & the family. [​IMG] Poor kid needs a break!

5. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Prayers said and will keep praying please keeps us posted on how he is doing.

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG] for your son!

9. Patchesnposies

Patchesnposies Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern New Mexico
    Thank you ALL for the words of encouragement and especially your prayers. I know God has brought Michael through so much and he won't forsake him now. (I think I am just a little "post traumatic.")

Here is a better picture of my handsome boy (and his sibs Ellie and Gabe):
    [​IMG]

I will post an update!

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    My prayers and thoughts are with all of you, my classes too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by