Aspergillus?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by codysanantonio, Oct 12, 2016.

1. codysanantonio

codysanantonio Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Monticello
    [​IMG] BYC photo

The above photo was posted in forum some time ago. I need to know if the diagnosis was aspergillus??? If not, what was it?

OK folks I need help really fast. My girl's eye is so swollen it looks like it's going to explode.

My Egyptian Fayoumis, (four months), started just like this. Now she has a huge fleshy tumor with bloodvessels attached and growing up under top of eyelid.

Online Chicken Dr. told me to use terramycin. I'm really not convinced it's an infection, and she is getting much worse.

Please help!!!

Cody Sanantonio

Below is how Babaganoush presented. Now her eye is five x this big and swollen shut. I'm sick about this...

[​IMG]

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
  3. codysanantonio

codysanantonio Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Monticello
    Uh oh! I accidentally posted in new members apparently. Thanks for the welcomes! I've been a member since 2011. Rattled about my sick hen and goofed.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Don't blame you for being so upset. Is it possible to find an avian vet to treat her?

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome. Glad you joined us but sorry about your birds. Hope the good folks on the Emergencies thread can help you out. Best wishes!

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Not sure as far as Aspergillus goes... reminds me of an eye infection.

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! So glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home here!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by