casportpony

🦚🦆🦃🐔
BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Jun 24, 2012
The Golden State
According to the sources below, the aspirin dose for ducks is 5 mg per kilogram, which is ~2.27 mg per pound. This would be given orally three time a day.

The other option would be to put one 325 mg tablet in 8 ounces of water and change the water 3 times a day.
aspirin_8.png

aspirin_2.png

Disclaimer
Always check my math!

Also see this:
Ibuprofen Dose for Ducks

Last edited:
@casportpony, I have aspirin, ibuprofen, and carprofen. Which drug would you recommend I use for pain and swelling with heat, in my 6 month old pekin ducks ankle/foot? I've separated her from the drakes that overmated her and will be sending them to their new home tomorrow or Sunday, at the latest (she will remain separated from them as they wouldn't leave her alone in the pond or on land)

My carprofen tabs are 25mg

@casportpony, I have aspirin, ibuprofen, and carprofen. Which drug would you recommend I use for pain and swelling with heat, in my 6 month old pekin ducks ankle/foot? I've separated her from the drakes that overmated her and will be sending them to their new home tomorrow or Sunday, at the latest (she will remain separated from them as they wouldn't leave her alone in the pond or on land)

My carprofen tabs are 25mg
is a vet an option?

is a vet an option?

Unfortunately it's not. I have called around me and the closest is over an hour away and then cost wise, the specialty/exotic (avian) vets charge an arm and a leg. I've asked my canine vet if he'd just take a look to help me out but he just sold his practice to a big time commercial corporation and wants to retire full time very soon and fears problems with corporate. I will continue calling around but I'm not optimistic and would like to try to help her in the meantime and in case I don't find anything. I wonder if the vet that visits TSC sees waterfowl. Since it was so late last night, I decided to try her on ibuprofen. As soon as it warms up this morning, I'll be soaking her foot in a warm epsom salt bath

Back
Top Bottom