Assorted Bantams Breeds?

zimileih

Songster
Mar 28, 2021
I got some bantams from the store since they weren't looking great and I wanted to give them a chance. They're perking up a bit and in the meantime, I'm wondering what breeds they are.

There are 3 feather legs that I'm thinking are black cochins and one clean legged chick that I have no clue on.

One
Snapchat-428611880.jpg

Two
Snapchat-1636535253.jpg

Three
Snapchat-1920319547.jpg

Four (clean legged and slightly larger)
Snapchat-1213277995.jpg

Now that I'm looking at the pictures one of the feather legs has a black beak and the other two have brown. Also does the white on head indicate sex for these guys?

Definitely the first 2 barred Cochin bantams and the 3rd a black Cochin bantam, and the last one looks like a full size black Australorp, or a FS Mystic Marans.

Definitely the first 2 barred Cochin bantams and the 3rd a black Cochin bantam, and the last one looks like a full size black Australorp, or a FS Mystic Marans.
Thank you! The bantams are definitely cochins, 2 barred and 1 black as you said. Still not sure what the full sized guy is, australorp or marans. Do you know if there will be anything identifying to tell the difference until he is full grown? Right now he is still a black chick and very slow to feather.

Back
Top Bottom