Assorted Bantams from TSC

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by platinum, Mar 18, 2013.

1. platinum

platinum Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    Virginia
    I know I have silkies, but I'm trying to identify these 3 chicks. They are just under 2 weeks old and I purchased them from Tractor Supply. Anyone have any thoughts?

Chick #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Wow, I am stumped, but the middle one looks like an old English game of some kind to me. I have gotten bantum chicks from TSC 3years running (they don't eat much and I love the little tikes!). But I haven't had any look like yours. Good luck, I would have gotten that gray one, it is pretty. Good luck.

3. platinum

Mar 8, 2013
    Virginia
    Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling one of them was an old english game, but I had no idea which one! I was hoping for ee on #2 or #3, since I heard they had such sweet personalities, but they don't seem to have the greenish legs that I've heard they're supposed to have. I know #2 and #3 are similar looking, so I was wondering if they are the same breed, but my novice eyes just can't tell. As for number #1 - she's very pretty and very sweet, but no clue what she is!

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    #1 looks just like the blue OEGB I got (also from TSC) ;) I'd guess that's probably what they all are. OEGB are pretty standard in the assorted bantam bin. My TSC had EEs in the bin, they all had beards, muffs and slate or green legs.
    Nikki

5. platinum

Mar 8, 2013
    Virginia
    Thanks for the reply! I think you may be right. I looked up pictures of OEGB's last night and I would say they are starting to lean in that direction. I will post pictures as they grow up just for conformation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by