Assorted pullet suprise from Ideal, who is who? Pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dolly85, Jan 14, 2011.

1. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    I just got them in this morning, they sent 26 but one was dead so I have my original 25 that I ordered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above four chicks have yellow down and bright yellow legs, one has a black spot on the back of her head. I'm pretty sure these are the Ideal 236 which they say is an excellent layer (their best) with mostly leghorn in their background. I hope so, because all of my other hens lay brown and green eggs! Now I'll get some white!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These three have VERY white down, pinkish yellow legs, and are fluffier then the yellow chicks. Maybe delaware? Or more leghorns? Or Rhode Island White? I hope they aren't cornish rocks. Those are the only four white breeds Ideal was hatching from the lists I seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These black and whte chicks are either Austrolorps or Minorcas, I can't tell because I don't know what their earlobes look like yet. They have yellow and black legs. Super cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do these two look like Wyandottes? They looked different because of the distinct spots on their heads. Their legs are kind of pinkish. They might be EE too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the 4 red ones are Rhode Island Reds or maybe even sex links? They have yellow legs and single comb. They have a light chipmunk pattern. The weird thing is the darkest one has very light feathering on its legs. I wonder what is in its background LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think these are a bunch of Easter Eggers. Their legs are sort of pink/gray in color with fluffy cheeks. If you see any distinct breeds that I may be missing in that group let me know!

Think I'm done with pictures for now, LOL!!!! I just couldn't resist making sure each baby had its time in the spotlight!

2. Jacklynn

Jacklynn Chillin' With My Peeps

I have no idea what they are, but they sure are cute <3

3. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    The ones with distinct head markings look like Campines. You are going to have beautiful flock! [​IMG]

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    could one of the white white ones be an EE? I think I'm seeing some really fluffy cheeks. I've got a pure white EE from Ideal...

5. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I ordered 15 from Ideal, got 26 this morning in the mail and CANNOT figure out who is who. Im baffled! The birds that match each other do not match in number to the order and I have a few that are plain mysteries. I have the 11 extra that match but dont know what they are.
    [​IMG]
    this is the single mystery bird
    [​IMG]
    And this is what I got 11 extra of. Any ideas?

6. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Egg Rookie, what kind of chickens did you order? Your pics are really cute! I should get some updated pics of my chicks as they are getting really big now.

I really hope a few of mine are campines, I looked them up and they are really cute! I do think the white ones may be EE. I looked closer and they do not have single combs LOL. Oh well....

7. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    I figured out that the top picture is an EE. She has 4 EE sisters and she is the only one with that coloring. I also got 4 cuckoo marans (one of which I dont think is going to make it overnight) 2 jersey black giants and they are feisty at minimum, 4 Rhode Island whites and one partrige cochin cockerel. Then there is the question of the chipmunk 11 I call them. They came just for warmth and I have no idea what they are. Neither does Ideal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by