Asst. bantam & frizzle chicks, Indiana SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AWChickens, Nov 17, 2008.

1. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    I have five 3 week old chicks available. I have more egg in the incubator, and need to find a home for some of the first batch we hatched- before the second batch arrives! [​IMG]

These come from a breeder, not hatchery chicks, and have been VERY handled (including being pushed around the house in a Tonka truck lol). Some of the mixed bantam are feather footed, some clean legged, two are partridge. I'll get pics tonight.

1 frizzle (polish/sizzle): $5
    4 mixed bantam : $4

Or $16 for the group, since I'd really like them to stay together and have buddies.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    mmm! the frizzle sounds awsome! i bet you cant but, can you tell if hen or roo? i would be so interested if hen!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Id be interested if shipping is possible.....but i doubt it, cause i could only take a few frizzle thing bobs ([​IMG]). Unless you just happen to be traveling down here ([​IMG]) They are standard sized right? And they would have to be sexed too.

Just pm me and let me know ^_^.

4. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    ooh i want the frizzle polish is he/she male or female?

5. AWChickens

AWChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    These guys are only 3 weeks old- too early to tell gender, and I have no idea how to sex (except waiting to see if they crow or lay eggs [​IMG] ). These are mixes, mom is polish, dad is sizzle (silkie/frizzled cochin cross)...basically these guys have crazy feathers! They are all so cute, I think my sister posted one of these pics on here somewhere- these are our first frizzles and she was so excited. ChickenWisperer, I will be in Lexington Saturday if that helps. No idea how to sex them though.

6. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Aw darnit! Ive got thanksgiving this saturday!!.....of course. [​IMG] Oh well, they may be too young to put in with mine.

How old are they? Apparrently, if they are under a week, then you can sex them like this -

Hold them by the scrap of the neck (like a cat).

If they hold their legs to their body, their male.
    If they let their legs dangle, their female.

I done it with a "packing peanut" from ideal - suppossedly male. He was a week and a day - but sure as nothing he tucked his legs close to his body. Didnt try it with any of the girls, though.

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I have heard that works too.

8. illinichick

illinichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    SE Il
    Are the frizzles going to be full size or are they bantams?

9. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    i might be interested in the whole group....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by