At 5 weeks what are we? Both breed and sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by horseyjess, Oct 16, 2009.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    OK so we purchaced McMurrays "Special assorted". I know what a few are but I really have about 10 that we still dont know. Here are 4 can anyone tell YET what breed atleast gender I am guessing is going to be hard cause most have the Pea combs.

#1 is my Favorate kinda funky looking but oh so friendly and easy to handle from the size I am saying Roo but I love him. IT was all white but now is getting other colors in it??? It does have dark colored legs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2 Has yellow legs

[​IMG]

#3 Has dark legs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4 Yellow large legs also is geting a small amount of tan in his black feathers.

[​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't know about all of them but 2 and 4 are making me think dark cornish.

3. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    #1 can be EE or white laced Red Cornish.If legs are green sure EE.#2 and#4 agree Darck Cornish #3 EE

4. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I think 2 & 4 are the dark cornish also. I cant' see the combs well enough to guess their sex.

#1 is a roo and might be a red sexlink (were there any extras put in for packing peanuts?).

#3 looks like a roo too, but I don't recognize the breed.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I was thinking partridge rocks on 2&4, but dark cornish is also partridge colored.

#1 looks like a red sex-link roo to me, and #3 is probably an Easter Egger with those muffs. EE don't have to have green legs [​IMG]

What's up with the very visible keel bone on #4??

ETA: #1 does appear to have green-ish feet, so I'll say EE on that one also.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  6. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:As far as the one with the visible keel bone. I didnt notice how fast everyone was growing and they out grew their last cage. To many chickens not enough room so they were picking at eachother. Most of them have bald patches from eachother. My fault completely I didnt pay enough attention they were my daughters responsibility. BAD ME She did great feed water feed water. Till I heard Mommy They ate your favorate Turkin Girl..OH CRAP went out and I had to seperate they grew so fast. I shoulda know its not the first time I have raised from one day old. I didnt realize how fast the time was going! So yeah they have been picking on eachother till I seperated them...

7. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I think 1 & 3 are EE
    2&4 dark Cornish the visible keel bone is a cornish trait.

8. horseyjess

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Quote:To funny I figured he was pecked.. Most of them have some sort of missing feathers either they havent come in yet or have been pecked. I have one poor girl that is COMPLETELY BALD!!! She wasnt pecked her feathers just arent coming in AT ALL. If you look in I think its the last picture in the background you can see her naked wings.. They look ready to fry [​IMG]....

9. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I didn't notice that #1 doesn't have the right color legs for a RSL. Does it have a pea comb too? If so, than the others are probably right - EE.

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:I agree with this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by