At how old can you sex ducklings?

Ducks can be sexed soon after hatching via vent sexing; some breeds such as Welsh Harlequins, and Golden 300's can be sexed by color for the first few days with decent accuracy. Otherwise, you will have to wait till the eight - ten-week mark and distinguish the birds via the sounds they make. At that age, males may make raspy peeps, while the females may still be peeping, but occasionally will honk/quack.

Other indicators such as size, or whether they run away or not, are inaccurate nonetheless.

Today was their first day outside, so I had to take pics of them, and here they are! @Isaac 0 @DucksAreBest @SolarDuck
5A11261C-F504-47E3-ADE8-C9C7B57B65C9.jpeg

A8D89946-A56D-4E9F-AED9-DDA364CEE7B0.jpeg

D10EF909-AE77-4A1D-B270-3615A18A8E73.jpeg

My 2 ducklings are apparently 3weeks old and they are terrified of me.. I visit them everyday to give them water, I even try to pet them but I feel like if I try anything else I will give them a heart attack or something.. I have also put them in the tub with water a few times ... can anyone help me or give me tips on how to tame my ducklings I really want them to trust me and play with me... TIA!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom