At least another month - best send all the chocolate you can!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Jul 15, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    DH saw the internist today and doc told us it would be at least another month before he released DH to go back to work. The blood clots in his leg are only about 50% resolved.
    Told doc I was gonna have to break my lactose free diet and eat chocolate. It's the only way both DH and I can come out of this alive.
    Yes, I want him to retire but he doesn't want to. He's climbing the walls and I know I won't get any peace until he goes back to work.
    Send chocolate. Lots of it. [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

PM an address. Lots of chocolate makers around here.

Imp's a chocolate gormand

ETA- Gluten free Soy chocolate will be a little tough to find. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  3. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Oh chocolate!!! Fellow chocoholic here [​IMG]

Can ya bake? I got a killer recipe for some brownies, I call em double dark chocolate frosted brownies and OHHHHHHWEEEEEEEEE are they yuuuuummy!!!!! [​IMG]

4. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Yes I can bake and love to do so. Unfortunately I have celiac disease (or Crohn's, they're not real sure which but are leaning towards celiac), so regular brownies are out of the question. I did find that Betty Crocker sells a pretty darn decent gluten-free brownie mix.

I prefer small bits of dove chocolate. [​IMG]

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Not only hard to find, but somehow just the name - gluten free soy chocolate - takes away from the pleasure. [​IMG]
    Gonna try carob. Love carob covered raisins.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Sorry, just finished my graham crackers with Nutella smeared on them.

OoooOoooOoo yuck! While spoil lovely chocolate with icky raisens?

Get some rice krispies, marshmallows, and some dove dark chocolates. Make krispy treats but add the chocolate when you melt the marshmallows. Makes lovely chocolate treats!!

7. dipence71

dipence71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Murrayville, IL
    Quote:Yes I can bake and love to do so. Unfortunately I have celiac disease (or Crohn's, they're not real sure which but are leaning towards celiac), so regular brownies are out of the question. I did find that Betty Crocker sells a pretty darn decent gluten-free brownie mix.

I prefer small bits of dove chocolate. [​IMG]

The GF brownies are good, but if you are going to break the lactose free diet I would go straight for the dove choc. or hershey bars mmmmmm... I have celiac's disease as well. Not much fun, but what is that is healthy for you LOL!!!!

And it is really hard to make smores without grahm crackers but I managed with 2 hunks of frozen hershey bars and the marshmallow in the middle.... It was a sacrifice but I lived (and had twice as much choc hehehehehehe)

8. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I'm really surprised there isn't a gluten-free graham cracker yet.
    My sister is gluten & lactose free. What a frustrating way to live [​IMG]

The real irony is that I was always the sickly one growing up. And now I'm the healthiest. how weird is that?

9. dipence71

dipence71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Murrayville, IL
    There is gluten free graham crackers (and they are pretty good) but I don't get to go to the store that actually carries them very often. It is an hour away and really expensive lol. So I make due with substitutions here and there lol... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Can't have rice krispies. Only prepackaged cold cereal I've found so far is the rice chex and corn chex. I prefer the rice chex. Nice big bowl with rice milk. [​IMG]
    Did find a recipe on the back of the rice chex box for "muddie buddies" = rice chex, chocolate, peanut butter and other misc. ingredients, but again we're messing up the chocolate with other non-essential tastes. Plain ol' chocolate is fine, no matter how you fix it.
    I'm going to have to start shopping at the gluten free store online. All we have is a walmart. Soon as I win the lottery.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by