At this rate they'll be bald!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by michelle89, Aug 31, 2011.

1. michelle89

michelle89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2011
    My ducks that is, they are still dropping feathers like crazy!! My yard looks like someone had a pillow fight!! They are about 5 months old so I think they have their adult feathers. Will it stop soon? This is my first time owning ducks so I'm learning as I go:)
    Thanks for the help, everytime I've had a question or concern you guys always help me out! [​IMG]
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Quote:Yep molting and it always looks like someone has been plucking ducks.. [​IMG]
  3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Yup. I went outside a while back and thought something had gotten into the duck run. It looked like a duck had exploded by all the feathers (of course they were from my fawn & white runner so very noticable).

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    My ducks are 5 months old, and only my ancona has molted, but I never saw thet she had lost feathers, I only noticed that there were feather on the ground lol.
  5. RunnerWhisperer

RunnerWhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ha ha ha! That was probably a site to see!! I find a few white down feathers here and there but not many yet. Mostly in their pen stuck to the chicken wire. I think it blows up into it and sticks.
  6. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Quote:ha! yep, that's what I always say... you know they're molting when you go in the yard and it looks like a duck exploded!
    or if it looks like you tarred and feathered your fence.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by