At what age do roos begin to crow?

cheirogloss

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
Lenoir, NC
We have what is believed to be (based on votes on the "What gender am I?" page) a BO rooster. No crowing yet, but if he is a he, when should we expect him to begin crowing?

My Polish started crowing in a tiny voice at about 4 months... he is now 6 months, and wakes me every morning at around 5:00 a.m., before sunup. It's nice, and I enjoy hearing him everyday.

My beautiful BO roo started crowing at almost 20 weeks old.. It was a funny little crow and it threw him 'off balance' --he staggered around at the end of it.. He's now 26weeks old and he has a nice crow--loud enough but not too loud... I hope you enjoy it as much as we do...

My Dominique roo Big Mike started his weak little teenage crow at about 10 weeks, which was WAY earlier than I expected. He doesnt do it every morning, I have only caught him twice actually, but he may start earlier than I wake up. You for sure couldnt hear him from the house. They (he) are all 12 weeks old this week.

My bearded d'uccle bantam roos started crowing at 8 weeks. I have a BO roo that I bought at the same time and he still hasn't crowed. They're 12 weeks old now & the little bantam's crow their heads off every morning.

my BR cockerel is 6 months and my NHR is 7 months and they both crow but the NHR is way better at it than the BR the BR sounds like a donkey or something!!! o my EE he is 9 months and no crow

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom