At what age do roo's start to crow

farmergurl62

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
I took my cornish S/r babies outside to play today as it was 70 degree's out and my house was starting to smell a bit chickeny the had a blast scratching and pecking at the ground in there new little pen when i went back around to the front yard I think I heard one of them crow and so I listened again and sure enough yep there it went again it was so small and cute how old does a cornish chick or any chick need to be before you can let them live outside after being raised in the house they are all feathered out what is a safe temp for them they have a house and are out of the elements

If they are fully feathered, they just need to become acclimated to their new draft free house. Just put them out for days and they will slowly get used to the temps outside. Make sure they can stay warm enough at night though and have the ability to huddle up to stay warm.

As for crow. I've heard as early as a few weeks old! But more generally, it is a few months old before they crow... some being many months.

Well, my buttercup/siilkie cross made a noise this morning that convinced us she is Oliver not Olive. He will be 6 weeks old tonight. I'm hoping he isn't too loud because he is my favorite of the three chicks we hatched. So soft and sweet and friendly. I have to convince my neighbors having a roo around won't be all bad.
tongue.png

One of our RIRs crowed for the first time yesterday, and he's 1 week and 2 days old...i'm hoping he's gonna be the only boy
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom