At what age does peep peep become Boc Boc ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rachel'sFlock, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Wondering when my ladies will develop their big-girl voices.
    Anybody?

2. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    Mine are about 12 weeks, and about half boc-boc, and half still peep-peep

3. Rachel'sFlock

Thanks, I.H.S.! I look forward to that!

Bright Blessings!

4. LadyBeartoothMamma

LadyBeartoothMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Absarokee Montana
    I try to listen to mine they are a month old and growing like weeds but every once and a great while i can hear that boc boc slip out and have to grin..

5. Rachel'sFlock

Thanks, LBM, we have been listening to ours pretty intently (hard to avoid, really) and have heard some funny sounds, but not too much that sounds like Boc Boc. My hubs swears he heard some garbley Bocs the other day, but I missed it.

Bright Blessings

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My "Middles" are 17 or 18 weeks old, and they each started getting their Big Girl voices between 13 and 15 weeks of age. The RIR succeeded first, then the Welsummers, then the Barred Rock, and finally the bantam Cochin.

I have "Littles" in with the Bigs and Middles, too, and they're 10 weeks old. They still peep. But this time, the bantam Cochin in this group is ALMOST bokking. That's much earlier than the last group!

7. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:My 12 week olds are boc-bocing...not much peeping any more. The BO's are a couple of weeks younger and they boc and peep. [​IMG]

8. NewHen

NewHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My orpington "BAWKS," loudly and started doing so around 6 weeks. Others the same age are quiet but squawked before our run was done and we'd be trying to catch them at night.

9. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Mine are 12 weeks and don't peep anymore. I love their little clucks! Though the BR is VERY loud when I put her up lol.

10. schmije

schmije Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Peoria, IL
    My little girls started to bok at about 12 weeks. They're about 17 weeks now, and they're full out bok-boking. I love how funny they sound in the beginning. One of my EE's is quite a talker, and she tells me all the latest chicken gossip in her new bok bok voice. LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by