at what age

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sheila3935, Jul 29, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    at what age do barred rock roos get their saddle feathers? I have some that are questionable. I know are roos they have pointy tail feathers and are starting to screech. The other 2 have larger combs and wattles but their tail feathers are more rounded. Hacle feathers are still not in all just rounded fuzzy necks they are almost 8 weeks old. One is really light and has the pointy tail feathers that why I think roo. The other is male! He ate a bug that gave him a tummyache and some nasty stick poo.We had to clean his vent feathers and while doing that out popped a bump. But the others not sure my neighbor had a pullet that got red big comb and wattle early. I am going to give some away but want to make sure roo dont want to be giving away a pullet by mistake. For sure I only have 1 pullet.

2. tberryer

tberryer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 31, 2009
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    It seems to me in the 3 - 4 month range. There's an easier way to sex BRs though. Look at the feathers. If the bars are about equal width black/white, then it is male. If the black bars are wider than the white, female. Post a photo.

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    [​IMG]
    lindy am sure a roo

[​IMG]
    penguin am sure roo

[​IMG]
    olive or oliver
    [​IMG]
    2 roos?