At what are Khaki Campbell ducks fully mature?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Blackberry18, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Blackberry18

Blackberry18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    I currently have five Khaki Campbells that are five weeks old this week. I'm going to be showing them in a fair in late July. Will they be fully grown, as in the drakes have green heads and drake feathers and the females are also mature? Thanks

2. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    My rule on raising birds for showing is to just be sure that they're fully feathered by the time you take them :) You'll be showing them as young drakes and young ducks this year so I wouldnt think they need to be fully mature (about a year old on average is mature, sometimes younger in some poultry :))

Long story short, as long as they're fully feathered and as long as you enter them as young ducks/drakes and not as old ducks/drakes then I am positive you'll be fine ^^

3. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Thanks! Unfortunately at my fair, we don't have age classes. It's simply "Market Ducks" or "Breeding Ducks" and all the bird must be hatched in that year (Jan 1 or later). I'm showing as a Breeding class

4. CascadiaRiver

CascadiaRiver Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Thats.... weird. Lol, your fair does it a bit strangely but to each ther own I suppose! I wish you luck, I'm sure they'll look prettty good by then <3

5. Blackberry18

Mar 25, 2015
    Minnesota
    Thanks! Yeah, I wish they'd change it, I don't have enough room to get a lot of new birds every year!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by