Atlanta, Georgia - Looking to buy some "teen" chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by WoeiHaveChicken, Oct 4, 2016.

1. WoeiHaveChicken

WoeiHaveChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    My Coop
    Hi everyone,

This is my first post to BYC!

A couple friend of ours have a coop that came with the house they purchased in our neighborhood. They adopted chickens that were approximately 3-5 months old. (teen chickens) This inspired us to build our own coop.

My wife and I are almost done building a coop and run and are looking into buying chickens. We'd like to buy younger chickens, but not so young that we need a brooder.

Can anyone refer us to someone in the Atlanta, GA area who can sell us chickens that are young but not "just hatched"? We'd like 4 if possible.

Thanks! We're very excited to be chicken parents!

AW

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad to have you join us. Congrats on your planning and building to get ready for your own flock.

I'm near Macon - about 90 miles south of Atlanta - there's a breeder in Lizella that offers chicks to grown chickens - not sure what all they have but I saw BO, BR, Americanas, and Silkies when I visited their farm a year ago. If you don't find someone closer, I can try to find their contact info for you.

You could try posting under the Yo Georgian forum - I think there are a number of folks closer to you that could give you some leads?

Also, wish you would post an intro under the New Members forum to get a proper welcoming.

3. WoeiHaveChicken

WoeiHaveChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    My Coop
    sunflour,

Thanks for the response! I'll look into the "Yo Georgian" thread.

Also, just posted on the New Members thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by