1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Atomic Buffalo Turds!!! Yeah.... You heard Me!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by DENALI, Jun 9, 2008.

1. DENALI

DENALI Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Another of DENALI's Favorites!!!

Enjoy!

Atomic Buffalo Turds:
    20-30 Large Jalapeno peppers (this will make 40-60 turds)
    1 block cream cheese, room temperature
    1 package thick sliced bacon
    40-60 toothpicks
    Small package of Little Smokies
    (The amount of peppers determines the finished turds)

Take the peppers, cut the off the stems and split them into halves. Now rinse out any remaining seeds from the inside of the pepper with cold water and place them on a paper towel to dry. Remember, when coring the peppers - the amount of membrane you leave inside the pepper will determine how hot the turds are. The more membrane you leave, the hotter the turd will be. Use a small spoon or Mellon baller to remove
    the membrane & seeds.

[​IMG]

Time for the cream cheese. If your cream cheese is not room temperature, it will need to be softened (15-20 seconds in the microwave) to make it a little easier to pipe. Spoon the cheese into the corner of a sandwich bag, cut a small hole in the corner to pipe in the pepper. Some people like to season the cream cheese with Mrs. Dash, liquid smoke or other spices/seasonings - just don't over do it. If you want to turn your buffalo turds into "atomic" buffalo turds just add some cayenne pepper in the mix.

[​IMG]

Place a little smokie or other choice of meat on top of the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the pepper with a piece of bacon and place a toothpick all the way through to hold it all together.

[​IMG]

Now your buffalo turds are ready for smoking. Some people place them in the cold smoke chamber on my smoker and keep them about 150-180 for an hour or so. You can place them into your main cooking chamber at around 225-250 let them cook an hour or so.

[​IMG]

Basically these things are "GOOD" so be sure too make plenty so the cook gets some to. If you remove all the membrane and seeds they are not any hotter than a pepperoni. USE CAUTION they are very addictive. :wink:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    OMG! My DH and I just planted a jalepeno plant and it has blooms on it already. We were just discussing last night what in the world we were going to do with all of them!! Know I know...Atomic Buffalo Turds!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Thanks for that recipe, I'm definetly trying that one. So, in a regular oven for an hour? I don't have a smoker.

4. DENALI

Feb 27, 2008
    Quote:I havent ever put them in the oven but i dont know why it wouldnt work. However if you had a grill that would be better.

Also something i do it add spices to the cream cheese. Last batch i made i added Mrs Dash to the cream cheese and mixed it up before putting it in the pepper.

Let me know how they turn out if you use the oven.

5. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    what happened to the jumbilya reciepe, i don't know if it was this user but some1 posted it, and boy did it look good, but stupid me didn't print the reciepe lol

6. DENALI

Feb 27, 2008
  7. angelmarie

angelmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    bakersfield
    yum, thanks! [​IMG]

8. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    I can just imagine making something, all the while thinking of the name... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edited to add: It sure does look good though; planted jalapeno's for the first time this year...think I found out what to do with them!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
  9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I do something very similar except I don't cut them lengthwise, I just cut off the top, stuff them with the cream cheese and wrap the bacon over it. Hold it with a tooth pick and I cook them on the bbq grill.

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    ok. I saw the name of the thread and curiosity got the better of me. Looks really good. I'll have to try them sometime.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by