ATT: Speckledhen my barred rock chick!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mourningdove, May 7, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hi again, This is the little barred rock chick I mentioned, Please understand I am no good at taking pics of a camera shy baby lol...
    This little chick is the only barred rock baby I have and it's name is miracle because it had trouble getting here. I woulld like to know if it's a he or she! Thanks!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Well, the pics are really, really fuzzy. In those, it looks more like a girl, but we really need clear pics in natural light to say for sure.

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I second that [​IMG]

4. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I am hoping that it is a girl! When it was hatched we were on day 23 and it couldn't pip the shell, so I hatched it and it made it! I will try to get better pics, the lighting in my house is terrible. So does the black on the front of the legs look girlish to you? Oh I forgot to mention it had a good length of tail too, must get better pics

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

If you can take it outside tomorrow and get a pic in natural light, but not in very bright sun (glare), then maybe I could be more definite. Usually, BR pullets get very long tails way before the boys do.

6. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    That's cool! I will try to do that and while I am at it I should get 1 of the 2 I think are Delewares.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by