ATT. Speckledhen (Suede)

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by annrich, Oct 16, 2007.

1. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    [​IMG] Hi I keep seeing his picture everywere. I have to tell you he is sooooo beautiful. I want a blue orp so bad now. I have to wait til spring, but I had to tell you he rocks!!

Pssst!! He might need to run on a treadmill. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. annrich

annrich Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Western NY
    Oh are you shipping fertile eggs in the spring time?

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

LOL, he isn't fat, he's very fluffy. Seriously! Orps are so heavily feathered they do look fat, dont they? He is not much of an eater, I can tell you. Someone asked if the Blue Orps ate me out of house and home and I can honestly say they do not hold a candle to my little piggie Speckled Sussex, Nelda. That is a big eater! They don't eat more than my other smaller breeds. I do sell fertile eggs right now, but only one of my Blue Orp pullets is laying at the moment. Hopefully, by April, I'll have a couple more to help with the egg production.
    Here's another pic where he isn't hunched up looking like a Thanksgiving Turkey, LOL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  4. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Fluffy, ummmmmmmm, yeah that's it. [​IMG] Just kidding Cyn, Suede is a beautiful bird. I have to have one of those......add it to my list for spring.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    He's very pretty.... yeah and I might be a little fluffy myself! [​IMG]

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yes - handsome fella, does he have any idea how popular he is?

7. speckledhen

Trying to keep that on the down-low so he doesn't get a swelled head and an attitude to match, LOL. Shhhhh...

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

9. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Do you sell hatching eggs out of your Ameraucanas?

10. speckledhen

I do, although I have only two pullets at the moment. They're both excellent layers so far, and I've had great fertility as well with them, but I am not going to give them extra light over the winter and am not sure how well they will lay through the cold season. I have booked orders through the middle of November for their eggs. After that, I may collect eggs and if I have enough, offer them for sale on a first-come-first-served basis on the weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by