Atta Girl Report!!! - Dipsey Doodle Doo

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Birch Run Farm, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I purchased ameraucana hatching eggs from Lisa and tonight was day ten, time to candle and cull.

I am pleased to report that I only pulled one clear egg out, the rest were veining and had some lively embryos bouncing around.

Lisa did one awesome packing job as well.

I realize they all may not hatch but this is the best mail order batch I have gotten to date!

Thanks Lisa! [​IMG] I highly recommend your eggs!

Oh, before I forget, there is a mail delivery person who should also be mentioned. I left the house very early and was away ice fishing the Saturday these eggs arrived. I got home around 5:20 that evening and a message on my answering machine was from my mail carrier. He said my eggs arrived but the PO closes at noon. He left his cell phone number. I phoned him and he said not to worry, meet him at the PO and he will go in and get the box. He promised he kept them in a warm spot and in a safe place.

I drove to Montpelier and there was Ruben just walking out of the PO with my box. We chatted a bit and I took off for home.

I called the Post Master the next day and I think I really surprised him to make a GOOD report on an employee. I could tell he inititally thought I was calling to report a problem. [​IMG] Silly man.

2. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Yay Lisa!! Yay Ruben!! I love hearing positive stories. We have a great mail carrier, too. I received a batch of eggs in the middle of a huge snowstorm (the worst we've seen here in about 10 years, a foot of snow--don't laugh, those of you up north--we rarely get more than an inch or two around here, and we just don't know how to function when it really snows! [​IMG]) and darn if our mail lady didn't make it up our 1/2 mile driveway to bring those eggs to my front door. She knew what they were, said she didn't know if she'd make it up our drive (we have a very steep hill, too), but she had to try 'cause she couldn't bear the thought of taking those eggs back to the post office to spend another cold night.

[​IMG]

3. dddCT

dddCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Durham, CT
    We bought some from her and yesterday was day 18 we got 15 eggs and we still have 15 now I just hope for a good hatch.

4. tellynpeep

tellynpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2008
    SW New Hampshire
    Yep. I love living in a small town!

5. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I hatched out the cutest little frizzled cochins from her- well, I didn't but my broodies did. They look like bumble bees running around out there!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by