? Attack chickens ?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ddcljc12, May 29, 2011.

1. ddcljc12

ddcljc12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    New Alexandria
    Ok Some time in the middle of the night something got attacked ! I counted and checked all my chickens, turkeys and ducks, I then checked my old ugly cat,, no blood !
    Now you might say that something attacked something outside ( lots and lots of blood, and some chunky stuff too )
    I wonder if I have that special breed of attack Chickens or Turkeys? no, I would not assume it was the ducks ( limpy, gimpy and bob ) way too mild mannered and handicapped .
    Has anyone ever encountered this special breed of attack chickens?? Should I worry about an uprising and wear some special kevlar pants when I go back in there to clean??

2. FarmCoe

FarmCoe Flock Mistress

May 22, 2010
    Planet Earth
    It might be a rat. You may think, "A rat? That can't do much harm!" But they can. Rats are vicious. And if the poultry was raised together, they probably wont attack each other.

I hope this helps.

3. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Check out the feather or fur, what is it? Does it match your birds? Did a raptor fly into your fencing? Count yourself lucky and check your set up for possible entry points and treat the girls right, maybe you do have a .... NINJA TURKEY! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  4. ddcljc12

ddcljc12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2011
    New Alexandria
    No feathers or fur, just blood and a couple chunks of bloody stuff, could they have eaten whatever they killed???? Ninja, attack carnivore chickens?? Just Sayin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by