Attack Duck

chrisb01

Crowing
May 20, 2018
Lakeland, FL.
Hello everyone.. I have a duck and a chicken.. They hatched the same day, Oct 5th, 2017, and been together since.. They are inseparable.. For the last 3 weeks or so the duck has been attacking me and everyone else that comes near him.. He also chases me to try to bite me, and does bite me.. I don't know what to do.. Help..

Hello everyone.. I have a duck and a chicken.. They hatched the same day, Oct 5th, 2017, and been together since.. They are inseparable.. For the last 3 weeks or so the duck has been attacking me and everyone else that comes near him.. He also chases me to try to bite me, and does bite me.. I don't know what to do.. Help..
It could be protecting its friend.

What do you do when he chases and bites you? I charge my male when he tries to chase me. I definitely don’t back down or he will think I’m below him and try to boss me. Now when he’s being a jerk all I have to do is start walking to him and he knows to quit. Or I put my finger in the air and he will quit if I’m close. Because I’ve smacked him on the bill. Not hard enough to hurt him, but they despise their heads being touched so they don’t like it.

I’ve put my boot in his bum too. Again not hard enough to hurt him, but just enough to disturb his behavior.

Last edited:
I am sorry, but I find it funny that your avatar is the U.S. Marine symbol and this post is about a duck attacking .... :lau:lau:lau

Do you feed it from your hand? Is it the only duck you have? What kind of duck? It is spring mating season. Maybe it fancies you. ;) But, then I would be afraid it might fancy your chickens if it is a drake.

I am sorry, but I find it funny that your avatar is the U.S. Marine symbol and this post is about a duck attacking .... :lau:lau:lau

Do you feed it from your hand? Is it the only duck you have? What kind of duck? It is spring mating season. Maybe it fancies you. ;) But, then I would be afraid it might fancy your chickens if it is a drake.

Hahaha... A Marine afraid of ducks :lau Just the one duck and one chicken.. I'm afraid he might try to mate with her also.. Not sure, but with the attitude I think it is a drake..

Hahaha... A Marine afraid of ducks :lau Just the one duck and one chicken.. I'm afraid he might try to mate with her also.. Not sure, but with the attitude I think it is a drake..
If it is a drake, he could try to mate with the chicken which would be detrimental to the chicken.
Does your duck quack?

Back
Top Bottom