Attack Of The Food Junkies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by afinney, Sep 10, 2010.

1. afinney

afinney Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Gainesboro, TN
    My chickens are my babies and they are to say the least spoiled. They get Flock Raiser crumbles, they free range, plus they get treats. So they are well fed! I use an old plastic maxwell coffee can as a scoop(works great with the handle and it holds the perfect amount) and when they see me touch that blue can they ring the alarm and chickens come running from everywhere but carry a feed bag out back and watch out. This morning, after feeding them, I was refilling the old cooler I keep their feed in and a riot started. Crazed chickens on a mission to eat as much as they possibly could as fast as they could. Laying in the cooler devouring food like they haven't eaten in weeks. They are all crazed food junkies.
    Somewhere under the mountain of crazy chickens there is a cooler I promise!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had the camera with me to take some pictures of my turkens and when the riot started I knew I had to get pictures.

2. AKsmama

AKsmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    Love it! Mine are food junkies as well, especially when they see me bringing the treat pan. Even though we have been through it 100 times before, and I am constantly saying, "Move, move, move!" they still crowd around my feet and accidently get stepped on. Crazy chickens!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Is that one of your turkens in the lower left? It doesn't look like it wants to be in that riot very much.
    Could you post a picture of the turkens? it looks beautiful.

I would like more chickens. If I had to do it all over again I would get one of each of everything. Now I have to wait for them to die of old age before I can get more. [​IMG]

As my husband says, we never get anything done because we are doing too much. But If I had a couple of clones... [​IMG] I'd have a turken, and ....everything! [​IMG]

4. afinney

afinney Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2010
    Gainesboro, TN
    here is a pic of JB and Miss Priss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have decided the ONLY reason I sometimes wish I didn't live alone (without a significant other/partner) is to have someone else hold the camera whilst I do things with my chickens. Or they do things with me. Like eating out of my hands. Or sitting on my lap birking at me. Never gonna get any shots of that. *whine*

Yes, mine are food junkies as well.

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I love your turkens! [​IMG]
    gryeyes, try a tripod and a remote for your camera. With digital you can delete everything that is awful and it won't waste film. [​IMG]

For a person who doesn't take many photos, I sure do like to see photos that other people have taken.
    I think about that sometimes, how I have never gotten to travel, but I have seen the world though other people's photography. There is a lot to be said for TV, magazines, and Internet.

Thanks for posting them! [​IMG]

7. user66647

user66647 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2010
    NYC
    That's a heck of a feeding frenzy! That looks like whenever I hand out blueberries to my silver pheasants!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by