1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Attack of the seagulls! (pics)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    ...Well not quite, but we did see quite a few at the beach the other day! I brought my camera with me and snapped away. Many of them were quite willing to pose too! I just loooooove their expressions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. menageriemama

menageriemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    Lake Nebagamon, WI
    I still quote Finding Nemo when I see the gulls... Mine? Mine? Mine? [​IMG]

eta: GREAT pics!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  3. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    I love the one of the juvenile peering down at the nut, real neat crashing waves and sunset pics too.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

What great photographs! You should sell them to a magazine or gallery. [​IMG]

6. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Great catches!

7. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Why can't it be so easy to get such great pics of the chickens! Those buggers won't stand still for nothing!

8. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    Wow! Those are some beautiful, clear pictures!! You must have a great camera and be good at taking pics [​IMG]
    Here's 2 funny side stories about seagulls:

STORY 1
    When I was a teenager I went to Ocean City MD with my family. We were watching a lady feeding a ton of seagulls on the beach. Well, either she didn't realize or didn't care, but they were pooping all over her. She had poo all down the back of her shirt and in her hair!!! [​IMG]

STORY 2
    My MIL and I were taking a ride on the Jamestown Ferry. There were some seagulls around and she said "wow! Look at all those pigeons (sp?). That'd be a cool pet to have, wouldn't it?" I was like, "WHAT!! Those are seagulls!!!" [​IMG] What's even funnier, to me, is that she's from MD where there were always a bunch of seagulls around!

9. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks everyone! I did get a new camera in July and it is much better than my little sony cybershot, but I've been practicing a lot too.

Chickeroo,

My friend got pooped on and she was freaking out. I was just sort of sitting there wondering why, as I get pooped on all the time at home by my chickens! Oh yeah, I was in Ocean City, NJ.

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Nice pics Chickerdoodle, I think seagulls are very pretty birds. Some people don't think so, and are always shooing them away. Where's Ocean City?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by