1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Attack of The Skittles Gang! *lots of pics*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    I put the Skittles and Mo and Curly (turkeys) out for the first time today. Decided to keep the bantys in for a little longer, mainly becasue I want to play with the Silkies [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put the turkeys out first and the little BO roo (1/2 their size) grabbed each one by the back of the neck and forced it down on the ground! No pecking, just a pin. Then he followed them around for a while until I guess he decided they were ok. He totally ignored the Skittles. I thought maybe the bright colors, plus the fact they are roos might be a problem, but nope.
    [​IMG]
    Didn't catch the pin, but here is the survellience
    [​IMG]

All the others huddling in the corner afraid of the little Skittles!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But they eventually decided they weren't cannibals and came out to play
    [​IMG]
    There is a turkey somewhere in this pic!
    [​IMG]

I wanna play with the bright moving chew toys!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Playtime over, NAPTIME!
    [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Darn those skittles. Thank god your yard is not covered in rainbow poo. Or else the dog will be "tasting the rainbow" all day

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  3. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    [​IMG]

4. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I had no idea what you were talking about w/ the skittles until I saw your pics of them. Where did you get colored chicks? I've never seen the dyed ones before.

My husband works in advertising and worked on the skittles campaign many yrs ago, so I couldn't resist taking a peek at your thread.

5. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Ideal sells chicks colored chicks and ducks at Easter time.
    They inject food coloring a few days before they hatch.

6. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I never open the controversy thread on it so I didn't know how they did it. So how long will they look like skittles? They really do look like skittles!!!

7. Moonwalker

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Just until they grow in the adult feathers. The controversy isn't about the coloring them so mauch as the people who buy them on impulse with no clue how to take care of them and then they die from cold, wrong food, too much squeezing by little kids and the ones that do survive turn into normal looking chickens and then they don't want them anymore. Mine will all either go to the stables and join the flock there or stay with me and mine.

8. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Those little skittles are too cute for their own good!

9. Smitty's Farm

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    I know!!!! They are so cute. Such vibrant colors. I guess I see why the others were like, what is this. LOL!!!!!

Now, I'm getting hungry talking about skittles. [​IMG] Thanks for sharing your pics.

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I love that my skittles comment stuck! What can I say... they look like them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by