attacked

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by racepondUSA, Nov 11, 2010.

1. racepondUSA

racepondUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Racepond
    one of my scovies was attacked tonight shes not dead but she cant walk and she acts tramatized

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm so sorry that happened. I don't have any advice for first aid but I sure hope she pulls through for you. [​IMG]

3. racepondUSA

Oct 13, 2010
    Racepond
    thanks

4. duckking

duckking Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Cascade Foothills, WA
    I am so sorry [​IMG] Attacked by what?

5. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Oh, no! [​IMG] Ducks are incredibly hardy, and there's a good chance she might make it if you give her time to rest and keep her safe. Any idea what the culprit was? Make sure your girl has food and water where she can reach it, and keep her confined so she doesn't injure herself further. Keep us updated!

6. racepondUSA

Oct 13, 2010
    Racepond
    i put her in a pen i made back a few years ago so wen things like this happen or i need to sepperate chickens or ducks i have somewere to put them i have water close to her and feed is close too my neighbors dog did it he brole tru the wire and wen i got there with the gunthe dog was running

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    [​IMG] Sorry for the attack. Domestic dogs can do a lot of damage in a hurry. Have you inspected her chest for damage? A lot of dogs will go for the chest. Look under the feathers & see if it needs cleaning up. You can apply neosporin to help keep it clean, and you might want to get some duck-safe fly spray to keep maggots out of the wound if there is one.

Good luck. Hope she recovers quick.

8. racepondUSA

Oct 13, 2010
    Racepond
    theres only one tiny wound where feathers were pulled out thank god for my drake my girlfreind the first one on the scene said he was attacking the dog

9. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Awww, that's sweet that the drake was trying to protect her. Hope she gets better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by