Attempting to Hatch Cracked Eggs...Follow Along!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by FreedomFarm13, Jan 13, 2017.

1. FreedomFarm13

FreedomFarm13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2015
    Arkansas
    So, I'm trying to hatch 2 cracked eggs at the moment. My one year old daughter knocked them off a shelf and I used wax to seal them. I just set all 9 tonight, including the two cracked ones, at midnight, the night of a full moon and Friday the 13th. They are due to hatch on 2/3. I'll be taking pictures and posting updates to see how the little guys do, so please feel free to follow along and share your own stories of hatching cracked eggs. Pics coming tomorrow!!!

Forgot to mention, there's 5 ameraucana eggs (b/b/s) and 4 SLW/Am eggs. Both cracked ones are ameraucana eggs.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. FreedomFarm13

FreedomFarm13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2015
    Arkansas
    Ok, so I candled tonight just for fun and to check on the cracked eggs, and I saw this on one of the uncracked ones...what is it? Could this be a chick already developing, or is there something wrong? Anyone that can help me figure out what I'm looking at? I couldn't find a thread or pic anywhere of something similar. Here it is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It moves with the yolk when I turn it, and has what appears to be a lighter area around it. This is only Day 1, so I was surprised to see anything at all. If you know or think you have an idea of what it is, I'm all ears!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by